Visit our Online Flea Market!

June 24, 2014



We missed the observance of a VERY important holiday last week.
Did you know that Friday, June 20th, was Take Your Dog to Work Day?!  

Apparently, it's not a new idea:




Brooklyn Naval Yard, 1900






French Foreign Legion dog in his rain gear

Washington, DC, 1919








Fala was a great comfort to President Roosevelt.






I see the resemblance.



















Above, Princess Elizabeth standing behind her father,
King George VI, and below with her own family and Corgis:


According to Boswell, left, and Archie, right,
EVERY DAY is Take Your Dog to Work Day!
Sorry we missed your special day, guys.

3 comments:

  1. Great post...Every day is take your dog to work day for our Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have your trusted companion with you all day? I honestly don't know if I could write this blog without Archie and Boswell curled around me and the laptop. I can't count the number of times I've turned to them and asked how to spell a specific word. They just raise their heads, perk their ears up, and look puzzled. As long as the word doesn't sound like t-r-e-a-t or w-a-l-k we're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband keeps saying he wants to take our Kylie to work.....but then I would be lonely here at home without her. So he needs his own doggie.

    ReplyDelete